Monday, November 29, 2010

I go by Author or Novelist...

The challenge is complete. I have fought the good fight, I have kept the faith, I have written 50,000 words in 28 days.

I win.

It feels good, all the not knowing if, then the not knowing how, then not knowing when, then knowing soon, then knowing victory.

My story actually is not done yet, I am currently at 51,076 words but if I had to venture a guess I would say that the novel will be complete in another 20,000 words probably. I will continue to write every day until it is finished.

Then what? You ask. I'm not sure yet. I'll let it sit for a while before coming back to work on the second draft. At least long enough to let me work on something else entirely almost to completion. I have a few interesting ideas of what to work on next. One of them involving the Cheshire Cat. That story would be shorter, maybe in the 10k words range, but it might be a fun departure from the science fiction book I'm about to finish. I'll figure it out once this current project is done.

After a complete second draft is finished, and I'm not sure how long something like that would take, remember I'm a first timer here, I'll look into getting it published. I'll definitely have my group of first readers read it though. They can tell me if it's worth the paper it's printed on or not.

We'll see.

No comments: