Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Madness? This is...

Nanowrimo! Day 2. This crazy challenge is already taking it's toll. I woke up this morning feeling like I had only slept an hour or two. I actually slept 7 and a half. Getting from my bed to the bathroom, to the kitchen, I literally felt like I was dragging a dead body along. The only problem? That body was mine.

Yesterday I wrote 3,007 words in two hours. In order to complete Nanowrimo the daily goal, in terms of words, is 1,667. So according to that I did almost double duty yesterday. That's to be expected though, only the first page or so is tough, then you fly along until you hit some major roadblocking plot development. Oh, and then there's the ever present fear that I will run out of story before hitting anywhere close to the 50,000 mark. Yeah, I do my best to ignore that fear.

What I am really hoping is that the tiredness I feel in the early morning really has to do with how much I'm taxing my imagination, and not with how much I'm not enjoying work right now. I told Vanina this morning that I didn't think I'd make it to Thanksgiving. Having 4 days in a row off, that hasn't happened since September, and then it felt like a dream that I floated through all too fast.

I was looking on the Nanowrimo website at some of the other users and their current word counts. Some of these people must have taken the day off yesterday (from work or school) because there are a few of them that are over 15,000 words. In one day!

Madness...

No comments: