Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Traveling...and remembering...

I just got back from Vegas (this being probably my tenth time to Sin City). A bunch of my east coast friends decided to come out to visit, so I couldn't really stay away. We ended up going out to the Grand Canyon and that got me thinking about America's landmarks. According to this website, I have now been to 8 of America's Top 10 Landmarks/Monuments. I fail.

I have yet to visit the Liberty Bell or the Hollywood sign even though I lived near both of these locations for more than a year. I need to stop sucking and remember to be a tourist in my own town sometimes. I think we miss out on much of what our hometowns have to offer. I can at least say I have visted every major museum and landmark in Washington, DC though (where I was raised). I guess I lost that sense of wonder after moving away.

Anyway, during my daily surfing I came across some funny stuff. Well, whether you find it funny or not is subjective I suppose. First up is a list of foods that will make your mouth water...and your heart explode! My favorite is the Big Mac-Chicken with Cheese. My body is giving me the "mean mug" just thinking about eating it. It's like, "Nigga please! You even bring that CLOSE to me and I'll put you in cardiac arrest before you can say 'Clear'!" 

Next up on our surf is a group of foods that will make you cringe (and if they don't you need to get your head examined). I can't imagine eating any of these foods. Honestly though, people really will eat anything so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. The sheer insanity boggles the mind though. The Casu Marzu one makes me laugh though, why the hell would you want to eat something that you have to protect your eyes from as you eat it! I mean come on!

In other news, there may be a new way for Men to ensure that their women is taking the "Pill" which is: Take it instead of having your woman do it! The new drug has already started human clinical trials and looks very promising. The bad news? Many idiots out there will equate the pill with protecting them from STDs as well and will end up spreading more STDs as a result. I've said it before (and no doubt will say it again): Everyone should be allowed to kill one stupid person in the course of their lives. It would solve so many problems.

Anyway, thats it for today. Happy surfing everyone...

No comments: