Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm black so I could be President, but I'm unemployed...

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. day!

It's been a while, obviously. I can't help it, sometimes I have things to say, sometimes I don't. This might actually be a post where I don't have anything to say, that remains to be seen.

I had a crazy dream last night, it was essentially a new Mark Wahlberg film. He was a small time crook working for his Dad, who owned a deli in the inner city (what city? no idea). Then this new type of mafia showed up and Mark's Dad wanted him to help him find out who they were. See this new mafia was super secretive they used fear to keep control of the streets and no one knew who was controlling who. Meanwhile, Mark meets this woman (Scarlett Johansson) and begins a relationship with her, but she ends up falling into the whole mess with the crime and the new mafia and it causes problems with their new relationship.

Yeah, it was pretty crazy.

So the job hunt continues, no surprise there since our economy is full of milk and honey right now. Or was it full of Fail and Recession? I get confused on that point sometimes.


As you probably know I live in downtown Salt Lake City. I've lived here for about 8 months and periodically (maybe once a month) I see some strange things as I travel around the city. Today I went out to run some errands and saw a man in the median on 700 e in between South Temple and 100 S. As I passed by he laid down in the median, placed his backpack on the ground and proceeded to use it as a pillow while he crossed his legs and laid full out in the median. Now, let me remind you it was 35 degrees outside at the time. This guy didn't look homeless, he was an older man, but he was most definitely crazy. He was laying there like it was the middle of summer or something.

I probably shouldn't be surprised seeing things like this anymore since crazy stuff like this happens all the time around here.

Thats all for now, cheers!

2 comments:

Nate Irvin said...

Dave! Good to see you back! I'm glad you're back in the Salt Lake area; I'm currently living in Draper myself, down by the point of the mountain.

You have some interesting dreams dude :)

Sorry to hear the job hunt is not going awesome. My company has some marketing/business positions open, if you'd like me to forward them to you.

Iudo Faex said...

Nate, I'd love to check out the opportunities at your company. Send me an email though so that way I can send you my resume too.

It's so good to hear from you! I'd love to chat on the phone too, so send me your number ok?