Monday, January 25, 2010

Nostalgia, Cheese steak, and Home...

This past weekend my wife and I went to a place called Moochies here in Salt Lake. Moochies is a little hole in the wall italian deli style food place. Just so you get my meaning, the place is attached to a pottery store and there is a sign inside that says "For restrooms please go next door to Circle Pottery." That's how hole in the wall it is.

Nevertheless while growing up I would always eat really good cheese steak subs and I have been craving one for some time now. So, I did some searching online and found that Moochies' cheese steaks were rated number two in SLC. The number one place was too far to drive just for a cheese steak (like 20 minutes one way).

The website I found online was NOT wrong. The cheese steak subs we ate were really good, if a bit pricey. It totally reminded me of home and growing up and my grandparents (who loved eating out at little hole in the wall sub places). So for the memories, tasty food, and good feelings the price was not too much.

As long as it's not too often, because I'm sure that sub was terrible for me! It tasted oh soooo goood though!

Oh, and if you happen to be in my old neighborhood check out one of the deli's I used to go to: Gina's, you won't regret it.


No comments: