Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Short and sweet...

I have to write one paper tonight, do one outline, and do preliminary research for a group paper tonight. I decided to update my blog as a pre-writing activity, with the hope that by writing this I can put myself in the "zone" for writing these next two assignments.

It is currently 10:53 pm and I am sitting on the couch in my living room working from my laptop. I have my Trance music station from www.pandora.com playing a sweet Trance song right now ("I cant let you go" by Ian Van Dahl, if you were wondering). If you happen to log on to pandora.com and want to listen to the Radio stations I have programmed there just let me know what email address you used to register with Pandora and I will share my Trance City station with you. You won't be disappointed I promise.

I'm getting a stomach ache again. I think its my old ulcer acting up. This semester has been much more stressful than I had originally anticipated. The best laid plans and all that...

Its almost over though. Two weeks from today I will be in California unpacking my stuff for my three week vacation there. Thats an extremely exciting prospect. However, I am still wondering how Im going to finish everything between now and then considering I can't seem to get my most important tool up and running: my writer's edge. So, here I sit trying to get that beast of a machine turned on and roaring.

Lately my writer's block has had more to do with stress and time constraints than lack of ideas or ability. I can write just fine, I just cant bring myself to do it because I'm so fried from feeling stressed so much and from not feeling like I have time to do it.

Haha, I had to laugh there a moment as I thought about it. I mean, who am I writing this to? No one reads this anymore...in the end though, I dont think it matters much. As always my writing is mostly for me. If what I write helps me a bit, then I really don't care if I am the only one who reads it. I'm sure most writers feel the way I do.

Ok, I think Im pretty warmed up, its time to turn the machine to mowing the grass on my next two projects. Thanks for listening...

1 comment:

Georganna Hancock M.S. said...

Well, I read it! Truthfully, the link to your post came up in a Google Alert I set up for my blog on writing, Writer's Edge. Good luck with your papers and have a happy vacation in our paradise (I'm in San Diego).