Saturday, April 15, 2006

Trained Jedi Ninja Couch Potato...

Ok, so the title of this post comes from a conversation that I was having with Kim last week. It went something like this:

Kim: Did you know that Charmed has 8 seasons?
Me: Yeah I knew that, this is supposed to be the last season.
Kim: That's alot of episodes, 178 wow! That's...[uses calculator] 124.6 hours of Charmed.
Me: Yeah that's alot of TV watching.
Kim: That's...[uses calculator again] 5.19 days of TV. We could do it in one sitting!
Me: There is no way that you could sit there long enough to watch all that.
Kim: Yes I could!
Me: No you cant, you can barely sit through 1 disc of Angel, let alone 8 seasons. I can do it because I am a Trained Jedi Ninja Couch Potato!
Kim: I am t...[at this point she just stares at me for a few seconds and then starts cracking up laughing]
Me: What?
Kim: I was about to say "I am too" to your comment, but that was just so random it was funny.

So, yeah that was our conversation as we contemplated watching Charmed.

Ok, now on to my next topic. Last night my Intramural soccer team had a tournament game. I played my best game of the season. I got a hat trick (for the uninitiated that means I scored 3 goals). But the rest of my team was not playing so great so we still lost 5-3. Its pretty sad when I am the only one to score any goals. I just thought I would share my lament about the whole situation because I'm still bitter that the rest of my team was playing like crap when I was playing great. Oh well, after the loss we were eliminated from the tournament so we are done for this season.

Ok, so another conversation for you people. This one was pretty funny too. I was on the phone with Ryan, one of my friends from High School who still lives in DC. Anyway, we were talking about World of Warcraft and he was trying to convert me to pay a priest. He was describing his encounter with some guys in Warsong Gulch as he ran back to his base with the flag. Ryan has a funny way of talking when he starts telling stories and Ive done my best to capture his speech pattern here in this story. (Ryan is a white guy by the way)

Ryan: Dude, you have to at least try out playing a priest.
Me: I don't know man, Ive been wanting to try out a fighter.
Ryan: Pssst, Nigga please! Fighters got nothing on my Priest. Check this out. I was in WSG and I had the flag and I'm running back to my base. Three dudes jump on me and I'm all like "AoE FEAR" and so they start running away. Then they come back for more a little while later and Im like, "Silence" on the mage, and "FEAR" on the fighter and rogue. I keep running then they get up on me one last time and I'm like "Silence" on the mage again, then "FEAR" on the fighter, but I missed the rogue so I was like "MIND FLAY" on that dude a couple of times and he was done; man, face-melting those fools never gets old. Then I just ran into my base. DING!
Me: Damn! That's pretty tight!

Yeah, so he went on to talk about how much he loves playing his Priest character in regular combat too (not against other players). He almost convinced me but we'll see what happens.

One last thing, I watched King Kong last night (the new Peter Jackson one) and I wanted to mention something about the movie here. If you have not seen it stop reading because I am going to include SPOILERS!

So there is this part where the people get back on the ship and are unloading everything trying to get the ship light enough to come unstuck. At the same time this one native guy is like pole vaulting his way over to the ship to steal the Ann chick to sacrifice to the KONG.

Anyway, all I could think of while watching this was, "Holy $#!+ its a freeking Native Aborigine Ninja!" Did anyone else think the same thing? Just wondering.

************************************

Ok, I have put up a new quote, its slightly vulgar so don't read it if you don't like that kind of stuff. However it was easily one of the funniest moments in a movie I watched recently so I had to put it up. Kudos to anyone who gets the quote right. Oh, and the last quote was from a movie called "Ronin." That movie has some of the best car chase scenes ever filmed.

No comments: