Thursday, November 10, 2005

Stupid is as Stupid does...

So, on the way to school you are bound to encounter the odd pedestrian. Now, having been a pedestrian on more than one occasion I do not have anything in particular against them. However, some pedestrians give the rest of us who wear the title a bad name.

You see, the other morning as I was riding to school with Kim (she was driving) a pedestrian was walking across the street right at a turn, so they were walking diagonally across a T street. When Kim went to turn, slowing down to wait for the person, the Pedestrian gave her this Evil Eye look as if to say, "What the hell is wrong with you?! Can't you see I'm jay walking here?!!"

I love people you see, but stupid people I cannot abide. I mean, what kind of people are dumb enough to walk across a T intersection and then be pissed off at the cars that almost run them over. There was no cross walk where the person was walking, just plain old asphalt.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that one out there.

I dont really have much to say right now, which is kinda sad. I mean, I have been super busy wirting a PRD paper for my Corporate Marketing class. Its really a boring subject so I wont spend much time talking about it. Let me just say, its about a game our group had to come up with and design. Its probably the longest amount of time I've ever spent to write only 3 pages. I write quite a bit in my blog, but every paragraph I write here does not require 2 or 3 hours of research. Instead, I just look up and think for a few seconds then let my fingers do the talking.

Lets talk about my TableTop RPG games right now. I am the GM (Game Master) for a Star Wars RPG Campaign. I love it and I love my players. Right now Nate, Ben, Kim, and Steph are playing. Steph is new, and I think she likes it (at least I hope she does). The game revolves around the adventures of a couple of Jedi and their friends. Right now the galaxy is at war with an army led by a group of Dark Force users called the "Dark Hand" or just "The Hand" for short. Yes, there have been a few jokes about the "Hand" being parallel to the "Foot" from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, I didnt plan it that way, but thats how things happen sometimes and its ok.

Anyway, the "Hand" have taken over most of the outer rim and some mid-rim planets. They attacked Coruscant and failed, but it was just a diversion to open up some mid-rim planets that the Hand wanted to blockade. Their leader, Darth Ravage, is a vicious bastard who likes to play mind games with the heroes. He has a big ego but its tempered with patience and cunning. The one time they had the chance to fight him so far, he thoroughly whipped up on the party. Yeah, they werent ready for him at that point.

Our Star Wars game has only 2 sessions left before we finish it for good, and I know how I want to finish it, but I dont know if its gonna happen the way I want. We'll see though. We are switching over to play D&D next semester instead of Star Wars, so I want to end the game right; a nice climactic end to the game. Ill update this later to let you know how it goes.

The other game I play in is a D&D game that I am a PC in instead of the GM. My PC is a really fun one to play. He is a Half-Dragon/Half-Goliath named Stormrider. He has wings and stands 7 feet 11 inches tall. He wields a Huge Greatsword (almost 8 feet long; think Cloud Strife type sword) and wears Mithril Full Plate. He charges into battle without hesitation, and fights until the enemies are dead or he is dead. I love playing him.

One last thing, yesterday I got my case of Underdark Packs that I ordered. I pulled some really great rares out of there, and I got all the common and uncommon's in the set. Ive decided that Im going to buy a box every time they release a new set so that I dont have to go hunting around for the mini's that I want after the fact (which is more expensive that way too). Anyway, it was pretty exciting to get all those miniature figures of creatures that I know and love from the game.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok, no one got the quote that is up. It is a quote from Kill Bill Vol. 1. Its the part when Hattori Hanzou has just finished making the Bride a sword. He swore he wouldn't make any more swords a long time ago. Yeah, its a good moment in the movie. Ill post another quote here shortly.

2 comments:

Krisling said...

new quote = Jarhead!

Iudo Faex said...

Jill, my sickness is still the same. The doc says I have to get an operation on the tissues in my nose but I wont be able to get it till after Christmas, so everything is just gonna stay the same till then. Oh well.

Good job Kris on getting the quote.