Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Statement on the Society we live in...

So, Nate (see him under my Blog Friends section at the right) and I were talking the other day and we had an interesting chat. It turns out, one of our mutual friends is dating a new girl. That is how the coversation started, and it followed something like this:

Me: So, thats good for him right?
Nate: I guess...
Me: You guess?!
Nate: Well, he has had some trouble with that sort of thing in the past.
Me: What, you mean with women?
Nate: Yeah, he was dating this other girl for a while but that didnt work out, and he was chasing after a different girl but I dont think she knew about it. Also, all that girl liked to do was play with him. She didnt like him or anything.
Me: [I just looked at Nate, without saying anything]
Nate: By "play" with him, I mean play video games.
Me: Oh, I know what you meant, however just the fact that you had to qualify that statement is a sharp commentary on the society we live in.

This leads me to my current topic. Women can be evil. (NOTE: I am not saying women ARE evil; instead, I am saying that they CAN be evil. For that matter, MEN can be evil too, but women are the present topic so Ill stick with them for now). Especially to men. Unfortunately, some few women who ARE categorically evil have ruined it for the rest of the good women out there. Because of the ruination of a few, the whole gender has to fall under the type of qualification statement that Nate used to qualify the word "play" in the above conversation.

Now, being one who knows a little bit about discrimination, I think this is terrible. However, there isn't much that I can do to help the women of our society in this respect. I cant go out and slay all the "Evil Dragon" women out there, nor can I protect all the "nice guys" out there from being hurt (and believe me our mutual friend is a "nice guy" whether he knows it or not).

What I can do, is put out a call to all the good women out there. Good Women, and if you are good you know who you are, please be nice to your male friends and do your best to protect them from those bad women out there. Now remember, usually your male friends will be attracted to these bad women, so you are not going to be able to reason with them when it comes to keeping these guys from getting hurt. So, if I may suggest, mild violence can usually penetrate the haze of hormones and counterproductive influences that are running around in the average male system. Anything from a hard punch or slap (take your pick of location, but avoid the groin) to a good kick in the shin (I've played soccer for 20 years now, and it still hurts). If you are a petite female and dont think you can generate enough force to do even mild damage (and if you are petite, thats arlight, I got luv for you too) then I will refer you to three useful friends that all women have: The purse (bludgeoning weapon, hurts), The Key (piercing weapon, get him in the soft gut area, really hurts), and The Fingernail (slashing weapon, a scratch goes a long way). Give em hell girls!

Now, for you guys reading this, I have a few suggestions to avoid all the Good Women I've just armed. DONT BE STUPID! Now, let me define STUPID. Stupid = letting bad women (you know the ones Im talking about) walk all over you. Dont take their mind games, dont listen to their lies, and especially dont buy them things they wont appreciate. Instead, buy the important women in your life good gifts (flowers and food come to mind). Because I truly believe that every good guy needs a good women backing him up as a counselor. This women doesnt have to be your significant other (although when you find that your significant other becomes your counselor its time to get married), but she does need to have your trust.

So, theres my statement. I hope you all enjoyed it. Oh, and if you are going to flame me about this blog entry, please email me personally and dont put it in the comments. I like to keep my comments positive.


MOVIE QUOTE: This weeks quote was from Finding Forrestor, no one got it so I have changed it. Last weeks winner was Nate Irvin. He guessed the quote: "This is your life, ending one second at a time" from Fight Club (in his defense he has never seen the movie but has alot of quotes from it on his PC, for all you MoMo's out there). Good Luck on this week's quote!

7 comments:

Miriam said...

The purse, the key, and the fingernail. I'll keep those in mind.

Though admittedly, I don't think hitting someone with a purse could hurt very much, unless it had steel grommets and contents weighing at least 10 pounds.

Iudo Faex said...

Mia,

I was assuming a nice heavy purse. You know, one that carries everything but the kitchen sink, something like that.

(Smiles for you!)

Iudo Faex said...

Kirsa,

Dont worry if you dont get the movie quotes. Although, be sure to check back every week, cause I promise Ill put a few easy ones in there once in a while.

(Smiles for you too!)

Miriam said...

Kitchen sink? I could probably fit the toothbrush holder in my purse, but certainly not the sink! Besides, who'd want to lug that around on the off-chance that they need to deal someone a cuncussion?

*laugh*

Iudo Faex said...

What?! You've never heard the saying, "You brought everything but the kitchen sink." Its pretty common. Its just a saying though ;).

*Smiles*

Krisling said...

Oh dude, you lose at life.

I am, of course, evil. (by the way, this is Kris/Scion from Quark.) But not in the kind of way you are talking about here. And I could totally kill you with my eyes closed (like River, bwaha.) And I mean that in the best way possible. It's the karate talking. Bwah. (ha.)

Right. Anyway...

/random

Iudo Faex said...

Kris, Thanks for posting comments. I love the feedback. Dont worry, I am evil too (not in the way you'd think, but in a way), Im not really a nice guy at all. However, I used to be a nice guy, so I know what they go through.