Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I lived in a dream...

I just got an email from my mission's website. One of my friends just updated his profile and I got to see a big goofy picture of him. He was my district leader for a time.

After checking out his profile I just started surfing around on the site, looking at profiles from some of my other friends from the mission and Panamanians that I knew. I saw pictures that made me laugh and by the end I felt like crying. I miss Panama, I miss that time in my life so much. Things were so much simpler.

I can never truly describe what I feel like right now. I know that most of the ex-missionaries who read this will understand, especially if you served in a far away place that is hard to return to (because of money/distance). Panama was the HOTTEST place I have ever visted, it had bugs, and dirt, and trash...but I loved it all because of the people I served. I look at all those pictures and I just feel...I dont know, I guess the best word to describe it would be "Homesick" even though I wasnt born there I miss it like it was my home.

I think I've said enough, anyone who reads this and has ever missed anyone or anyplace before will understand how I am feeling right now. I think I just need to cheer up or something.

Heres a picture of Panama city (the biggest city in the country). Look at that sky!

No comments: